“Gliders, sail planes, they’re wonderful
flying machines. It’s the closest you
can come to being a bird.”
The Sailplane Pilot License is the first step in the aviation career.
Glider pilot training can be divided into two parts; knowledge training and flight training.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age of 14 years to apply;
- At least Class 2 medical certificate.
- Air Law;
- Aircraft General Knowledge;
- Flight Performance and Planning;
- Human Performance and Limitations;
- Operational Procedures;
- Principles of Flight;
PRACTICAL TRAINING (15 HOURS)
- 10 hours with Flight Instructors;
- 5 hours solo flight.